Sunday, March 22, 2009

Is this the new normal?

Everyone told me there would come a point where we reached a "new normal" in our life without Brian. I suppose I have seen evidence of that in many ways over the past couple of years. However, I think the "new normal" is finally here and has settled into our lives.

I love life right now. And, maybe, I could even say I love "my" life right now.

I am learning and growing....I am finding and creating meaning and purpose from losing Brian. I'm still not to a point where I am grateful that it happened. I don't believe that is a goal worthy of pursuing. It will never be ok that he died (but we will be more than just ok). No amount of good could be enough to justify his death.

Life is good. I had an incredible time with my kids this weekend. We made some great memories. Braden is doing sooooo much better. I see much progress in the kids lives. I am profoundly grateful.

I am thankful for this "new" normal. I hope it's here to stay. The welcome mat is out...we have embraced it.

I know there are some bad days to come....I'm not naive enough to think everything is going to continue to be so calm and enjoyable. I am, however, grateful for where we are at right now....at 10:57pm on March 22nd...we are GOOOOOD.

Thank you God for hope and joy.....that only you can bring and give. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Amen