Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Will this chapter ever end?

I'm struggling right now.  I'm wondering if this chapter will ever end.  I am ready for it to end.  It is possible that it will end, it just may be rather painful.

My commercial tenant did not renew his lease.  I met with a realtor yesterday.  I left with more questions than answers.  My tenant is playing dirty.  I thought we had gotten past that.  I worked really hard to establish a good relationship with them.  I thought we had come a long way.  Apparently, not so much.

I need wisdom in knowing how to proceed from here.  There are many big decisions to be made and I don't want to make the wrong ones.  I want to do this right.  I want to honor God in how I respond to them and how I treat them.  But, it's really hard....really hard....super hard.

Romans 12:21 says "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good".  I wonder how that plays out in my situation.  I can't and won't be a doormat.  I don't appreciate some of their recent actions.  Yet, I want to keep the relationship on a higher plane until they pay their last month's rent and move out (if that is indeed what they are planning to do).  So, do I just pretend I don't know some of the things they have said...do I just ignore their unethical behavior?  Or, do I call them out on it?

The simple decision of choosing a realtor has become far too complicated.  I need wisdom.  I am in over my head.  I have no business trying to make decisions about a commercial property in a town that I don't even live in.  If there is any bone to pick with Brian in heaven it will be about this.  I never wanted to be in this position.  I hate being a landlord.  I hate dealing with dishonest people.  I hate it.

I want this chapter to end.  I want to be done with this part of the journey.

God, give me your wisdom and help me honor you with my words and actions.  I'm struggling and there is no way I can do this without Your help.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Praying for you to have the wisdom to make the right decision and peace after the decision is made. Good luck!