Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What a DAY!

What a busy, productive, crazy day!

7:45am  I walked my kids into school.  Braden started kindergarten today!  Wow, another milestone in our family.  All three kids in school....never thought I'd see this day.  The school provided a "Boo-Hoo Breakfast" for all the moms and dads of kindergarteners.  I skipped out on this one because I had to be at a class at 8:30 in Fort Worth.  However, I think the type of breakfast I needed was a "Woo-Hoooo Breakfast".  Sorry, I'm not sad that my kids are all in school.  I'm thrilled that each of them are taking one more step towards independence and growth.  Gotta love that!  They are ready, and yes, I am ready too!  It's all good!

8:30 I walked into my fourth semester of PhD class.  I was thrilled when I found out the professor wanted us to focus on an area that we want to specialize in.  As a result, I will be doing my research this semester on how trauma and crisis affects the development of preschoolers and children.  There is quite a bit of research out there on how trauma affects the brain...can't wait to dig into that.

10:00am I met with my professor that I am doing my teaching internship with this semester.  I am a teaching assistant for one of the master's level classes.  I will have an opportunity to help teach the course online and in the classroom.  I am really jazzed about the online course.  I think the wave of the future is in online education....not because it is the best way but because of the efficiency and cost factors.  It should be a great learning experience!

11:30am I met with the Critical Incident Stress Management Team that we are forming in our community.  We have the support of our local police department and are working through the policies and procedures of our group, setting up additional training and soliciting qualified members for the team.  This has been a long process but I am beginning to see it all come together.  Wow!  I love being a part of our community and working with other people outside our church to do ministry.  It's been cool to meet some of our local law enforcement people and hear their stories.  I love it and look forward to continuing to establish our presence in the community.

1:15pm I met with the person I hope takes the position for the grant we received.  I am so excited about what she brings to the table.  I really enjoyed listening to her today and hearing all the things she has done with and for kids with special needs and issues.

2:45 I headed over to the school to pick the kids up....I couldn't wait to hear about their day!  

5:45pm I took Braden to his first soccer practice...what a whoot...should be interesting!

8:15pm all kids are in bed and almost asleep....a perfect ending to an incredibly busy and productive day!

For days when things fall into place...I am so grateful...

No comments: