Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Ball is Rolling...

I made some big (what I would consider big) decisions about my home tonight.  I've picked a texture, color and glaze for my kitchen and living areas.  I must say that I do not like the process. I have no talent in terms of picking colors and determining a "look".  It overwhelms me and I feel like a complete idiot.  There are many other things that I am competent at, this isn't one of them.

I had some good help tonight to compensate for my weaknesses.  I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  I'm a little nervous about it but really glad I am making some changes.  It just feels good to be changing.

I will take some pics and post the before and after.  They will be here on Thursday morning to start the process.  My house will be a wreck for about a week.  

For the opportunity to change....I am grateful....even if it is a little painful.

Oh yeah, I got my grades today for the three classes I took this Fall.  So far, I have a 4.0 after one year of doctoral work.  Woohooooo!  

No comments: