Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Good Week....

I'm thankful for a productive and good week.  I have knocked out a lot of work and have begun some fun projects at work.  I have enjoyed meeting with several people to begin putting the pieces together for some changes and additions in our preschool ministry.  The next few months should be incredibly busy and hopefully, fruitful.

I'm in my element when I have a challenging project in front of me.  I love pulling people together to accomplish a task.  I love watching people use their gifts.  If I had a choice, I would go from one project to the next....the routine, every day stuff gets boring....however, I understand it is necessary and very much an expected part of my job.

The kids are doing well.  I received a copy of an essay  Nathan wrote that had special significance (to me anyways).  The writing prompt was for him to write about a day spent with his favorite person.  Nathan wrote about the day Brian taught him how to snow-ski.  This is the first time Nathan has written anything about Brian and it gave me a glimpse into his heart.  He has incredible memories with his dad.  I was reminded of the blessing of that this week when I read his essay.  The ending sentence of the essay said "I will never forget this moment with my dad."  Wow.  

Lexi and Braden are doing well too.  Braden is learning to read and that is interesting to watch.  Lexi has such a sweet spirit about her and I am thankful for that.  I have really enjoyed watching both of them playing Upward Basketball...it's a real hoot!

I'm looking at options for the summer and trying to decide what type of vacation to take.  We had a blast in Destin, Florida last year.  I would enjoy going there again but I have also been looking at Pinecove's family camp and it looks really interesting.  Making memories with the kids is definitely a priority, I am just trying to decide where we are going to make memories this summer.  Planning and dreaming about where to go is almost as much fun as going....at least for me it is.

My house is coming along nicely.  My friend came over today and helped put my built-in shelves back together.  It is a work in progress but it is looking great.  I have decided to take one wall in my office and make it a memory wall of Brian.  There aren't going to be any pictures of him/us in my living room and I am ok with that.  It feels like I need to do that.  Not because of any reason except that it is hard to have everything the same.  I need some changes to reflect the way we are moving forward.

I got an unexpected card in my box at work this week.  It was a giftcard to ULTA and it had a note that said "thanks for all the many ways you minister to our church".  I wish I knew who did it so I could thank them.  God has blessed me over and over again with anonymous gifts.  I wonder if it is from the same person or if it is from different people.  I feel blessed by their kindness.  

One of my New Year's goals was to do something generous for somebody one time per month.  I plan to do something this weekend.  I have a couple of ideas in mind but I am praying God will impress on me what I should do.

It's been a good week....life is good and sweet....and for that I am grateful.

No comments: