Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Some closure...

Tomorrow morning I will mail off the tax returns that have been haunting me for the past three years. My CPA finally finished the 2005 and 2006 corporate returns today.

When Brian died and left his business for me to deal with it was a complete and total nightmare. I can't even begin to describe all of the junk that I had to work through and deal with. It was awful! If there is one thing that I am sure Brian would say that he regretted it would be that he left me to deal with so many issues that I knew nothing about.

It will feel wonderful to mail those returns off. The stress and strain that all that created is finally going to be over with. I will not (hopefully) be getting any more nice reminders from the IRS that we haven't filed the returns. I am relieved and elated that this part of the journey is over.

Yes, I still have a business to run with the rental properties....but I don't have to worry about whether or not we will be able to get the tax returns figured out and filed. And, I have learned a lot along the way. I still can't wait for the party that I will throw someday when I sell the commercial property that has given me so much grief. It will be one heck of a party!!!!!

Closure is a good thing. I am done. It is over. There are no more mysteries to solve. There is nothing left hanging over my head. It is done.


For that.....I am SOOOOO very thankful!

No comments: