Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lexi's 5 Things in a Bag


It's back to school time. One of Lexi's first assignments was to bring a bag of 5 things that were important to her to share with her class as an introduction. Here is what she brought and what she wrote about each one of them:
1. Picture of the four of us at the beach this summer.
2. Bible
3. Wooden House (small)
4. Picture of her friends at her birthday party.
5. Picture of her and her dad at a Father/Daughter Banquet.
Her words:
"This is the family I love so much. This is the house I couldn't live without. This is the Bible that teaches me what is right and what is wrong. These are my friends that I like so much. This is my dad who now lives in heaven where he is being taken care of. He took me to fun places that I loved so much. I will love him always no matter what."
I tried to give her some editorial input but she was insistent about every word she wrote....gotta love her for that. She has her own ideas and knows what is important to her...and for that I am grateful.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Very sweet! Unlike the other two, she always says exactly what she think and feels. I have no doubt that she will always love her Daddy.

Marsha said...

Chanman had a similar assignment. In his bag he put...
1. a baseball
2. a golfball
3. a battery (because he never quits)
4. an eraser (because he makes mistakes and needs to correct them)
5. an ESPN Magazine (because that is the ONLY thing he reads).
6. a picture of him as a toddler--one thing he remembers.
7. a picture of his dad--his role model

These are difficult assignments, but ones that (I feel) are important for kids to explore...

Blessings,
M

Unknown said...

can anyone give me advice on a 5 thing in a bag and i have no clue what to do and its due tomorrow

Unknown said...

Im having trouble with the same project and its due tomorrow i need help