Saturday, June 30, 2007

So, Maybe I get it now....

I have been pondering some of the responses to my "where do we go from here" post and I think it is finally sinking in. We ARE rebuilding our life....we ARE headed somewhere....we AREN'T just letting life happen, we are intentionally creating memories and starting new traditions.

I get it now. Every once in a while I get this panicky feeling that being content where I am at equals settling for less than what God might have in mind for us. I tend to want to skip the process and head straight for the product....

I get it.

I really do.


And, in the meantime.....we'll continue to enjoy the small moments of life that are pure pleasure....we'll continue to find new ways to live and make memories.....we'll continue to celebrate and enjoy the life God has given us.....

I guess it sunk in yesterday when I received an email from a dear friend who is battling stage four cancer. Part of her email just talked about how happy she would be when she could finally function again at a level physically that many of us take for granted. She is in the midst of an extremely difficult battle with cancer.....and God used her to remind me to live the life He has given me to the fullest....one moment and one breath at a time....

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Shelly,
You've got it!!! You are understanding yourself--which is what I think---brings happiness. Good for you!
Marsha

Shelly said...

Thanks Marsha! I am sometimes a slow learner...but eventually I get it....