Thursday, June 28, 2007

Top Ten Vacation Memories 2007

I wanted to jot down some of my favorite vacation memories from last week....mainly for my own sake....

10. The older lady in "Mamasitos" restaraunt (she and her husband sat at the table next to us) who came over to our table and complimented my kids and my nephew's behavior. She said something to the effect of "we eat out a lot and there are very few kids as well behaved as yours were tonight".... Honestly, I was waiting for the punch-line...maybe she was smoking something....ya think?

9. The fantastic view of the beach from our hotel balcony.

8. Picking up shells on the beach with my kids and then watching my mom sit on the balcony teaching them how to make necklaces out of the shells. (Martha Stewart would have been impressed)

7. Losing one of our keys to the room and having to pay 75.00 for a locksmith to rekey our condo....I was not a happy camper about that....

6. Floating together on the lazy river at SeaWorld in the pouring down rain.

5. Going crab-hunting on the beach with the kids at 10:00pm with flashlights. I don't know when we have had so much fun....lots of laughter and giggles.

4. Watching Nathan put on diving gear and actually stay under water for 20 minutes at SeaTrek. I was amazed that he was brave enough to do it...I wanted nothing to do with it....I get claustrophiba too easily...

3. Watching Nathan, Lexi and Braden learn to surf at BoogieBahn at Schlitterbahn. Absolutely amazing...I was blown away...

2. Getting to spend time with my mom and realizing (again) what a great "meemaw" she is....she did everything we did.....and had fun doing it...hope I am that cool someday...

1. Building the sandcastle in honor of Brian for Father's Day.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sounds like a great vacation! I wonder if the lady at the resturant had too much to drink...just kidding! I have seen your kids behave and know that they are great kids. What's the deal with you and room keys? Didn't something similar happen when you went to Disney at Christmas? I'm glad ya'll had a great trip and that the kiddos are up for adventure. You're doing a great job!