Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another Lexi Story....

Lexi is going through a real growing season spiritually. We have had some of the best discussions lately. I am thankful for the way her faith has become visible to me.

Today, in church, our pastor talked about events in our lives that are seered into our memories as spiritual markers. I didn't get to hear the whole sermon but I did hear some of it. I also noticed that people were carrying out small stones afterwards. I asked Lexi what she learned in church today (she sat in church with Miss Laura) and what the stone was for.

She told me that the stone was to remind her of what God did for us. I asked her what her stone reminded her of. She very quickly answered that it reminded her of how God helped us when daddy died.

I couldn't help but be touched by that. At this point in her life, the one thing that she knows God has done for us is that He helped us through her daddy's death. Wow. Only God can do that. Only God can allow something so tragic to be a defining point in a child's faith. Lexi knows God was with us.....what more could I ask or hope for.

I feel especially grateful for God's presence in our lives....

3 comments:

Laura said...

I asked her about the stone when we left the Worship Center today and she told me the same thing. Without any prodding from me, she knew exactly when God worked in her life. How cool is that!

I'm really excited that God is working in her life. I know she will make the decision soon and that God has great plans for her.

This is also a testimony to you and how you have taught your children about God through the tragedy. You have used those teachable moments to remind the kiddos that God is helping them through the tough stuff. And now, your efforts are being rewarded.

God is good!

Marsha said...

What a legacy to your husband's memory and to your influence in your child's life! God is faithful throughout the generations--we can claim that.
M

Scot said...

This is amazing. You are speaking God into your childrens life, and they are witnessing and absorbing your faith. Praise God!

Psalms 8:2 "You have taught children and infants to tell of Your strength, silencing Your enemies and all who oppose You." (NLT)