Saturday, October 04, 2008

The Pressure Is On....

I am feeling the stress of trying to be a student, mom and employee. Thankfully, by the end of October most of the stress will be relieved (for school anyways). I am finding it increasingly difficult to carve out large blocks of time necessary to really pump out the work. Just about the time I get in a groove in writing my paper something else has to take precedence.

I'm not complaining. I still love school. It challenges me and I am benefiting from the personal growth it has demanded. I am thankful for the opportunity, it's just difficult to really focus on anything for longer than a couple of hours.

One of the things I most appreciate about the opportunity to go to school is that every time I go to class and hear a presentation I am challenged to evaluate myself, my parenting, my spiritual life, my professional life, etc. I am often reminded of areas that need to be improved or made aware of issues that I hadn't considered.

However, there's still a lot of unanswered questions for me about my purpose and future. Sometimes I feel like the Karate Kid. I feel like I am being asked to do a lot of things that aren't completely obvious to me why I am doing them....but I keep waxing on, waxing off...trusting that God has a plan. I know I am going to school to learn but I have no idea how this fits into God's purpose for my life. So, I just keep training....putting in the work in hopes it will some day pay off.

The pressure is definitely on....I've got 9 pages written out of 30 and it's due in 3 weeks. Add to that three children who have 9 millon needs and a job that always keeps me hopping....the result is some significant stress....

For the month of November....I will be so grateful.

No comments: