Friday, July 27, 2007

Redeemed...

So, as parenting usually goes, you have your good days and your bad days....yesterday was not so good....but today, it was much better. I took the kids to a water park....just me and them....and we had a great time....redeemed....feels good....Braden had his moments but has seen a lot of improvement since yesterday.....

Had an odd flashback (I guess you call it that) today....I had my cell phone in my bag and I was going back to our table that had my bag and lunch in it and the thought came into my mind, "I better check my phone, I bet Brian has tried to call"....weird....and for just a split second I believed it enough to think it....haven't had those type of thoughts since the first few months after he died....then, it would usually be that I would see a red truck and think "oh there he is...I knew he would come back"....

Life goes on....I find it hard to believe that my life is what it is now....a single parent with three kids to raise on my own....I didn't sign up for this....but, we are making it.....and having some good times too....today, all four of us rode every ride....Braden is finally tall enough to do everything....and it was really cool....and really fun....and for that I am grateful....

No comments: