Thursday, July 26, 2007

I need some backup here...


Dont' let the picture fool you....It's been a tough week in the parenting department. My youngest (the cute one above) is continuing to cause me to stretch myself in terms of my parenting style and approach. What has worked for my first two kids is not working so well with him. For the first time in my parenting history, I got called on my cell phone by his teacher to come and deal with him. I am very discouraged about him right now. I can't quite figure out what is going on....but I do wish I had some backup...there is no one but me to deal with him and no one but me to try to analyze what is going on....I wish Brian were here to help me....to brainstorm with me about ways we could change our approach with him....but he's not here....and I had to cry a little about that today....it isn't right that I am having to deal with these tough parenting issues on my own...I don't like it...as a matter of fact, I hate it. I hate that I am a single parent and I hate that my kids don't have their father's influence....and I hate the fact that when I most need backup....I have none....

ok, back to the regularly scheduled program....just had to vent and emote a little...

Life is still good....and I am determined to figure out how I can do a better job of parenting....and surely there is hope....

When he said his prayers tonight he thanked God for mommy and daddy and Lexi and Nathan...and great papa (who just died) and Brewster (our dog who also just died)....and then when I went to do prayers with Lexi she thanked God for her daddy too....just kind of unusual...they don't usually do that.....and tonight at the dinner table I asked them what they were thankful for and Lexi said she was thankful that she had a good daddy....I guess his influence is still there...and they still think he hung the moon.....and for that I am grateful...

3 comments:

Dan said...

I've dropped by a few times. My mom died early... leaving my dad with 4 young kids (5,7,9,11 (I was the 7 y.o.)). We all made it through... and dad has shared some of what it was like for him... may you know the grace of the Lord today and in the days ahead....

Gigi said...

I hate that your kids have to grow up with out their Daddy.....

praying for you in the not fair....

Shelly said...

Thanks Dan and BJK....today was a much better day....