Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Kids....

So last night was one of those times when I had to put the kids to bed early because their behavior was less than desireable and I felt like there needed to be a consequence in order for a change to occur.

So, Lexi writes me this note:

Mom

I am sore (sorry) for the fusing (fussing). Mom wut (what) is in you bkus (because) you are prite (pretty) on the insid (inside). Plps (please) frgif (forgive) me.

Lexi


I asked her what do you mean you are pretty on the inside? She said you are nice and not mean....and then she said I love you mommy and hugged me and cried and cried and cried. I think what she was saying is "what got into you mom, you are usually nice and not mean...were we that bad'?


And then there is Braden.....who instead of owning up to his misbehavior tries to renegotiate the deal from his bedroom....he just couldn't let it go....he just kept on and kept on and kept on.....yelling from his room, "can't I stay up for five more minutes" or "mommy, it's still light outside"....he didn't give it up until about 9:30pm.

And....Nathan....well, he figured it out real quick that if he would just go to his room and be quiet that all things would be well...he played video games and read until he fell asleep...never tried to fight the punishment or acknowledge the problem....just went about his own business....keeping the peace...


Interesting how each of them respond to punishment.....their personalities are so unique and individual.

Not sure it is all that good, but it is interesting.

No comments: