Friday, July 17, 2009

Wow! What an opportunity!

I'm pretty much speechless.

God has blessed us with an opportunity to minister to young families at a level that is beyond what we could have ever done on our own.

I've been on this ride for about a year now...exploring an opportunity that seemed interesting and intriguing....but never sure it would actually happen.  

One of our church members with a passion for community ministries introduced me to this grant opportunity.  She helped me formulate the grant and gave me some guidance that was incredibly helpful.  This was my first attempt at anything like this so I know her expertise played a huge role in us being selected for the grant.

Today, I got a call that still seems almost too good to be true.

We have been selected to participate in an opportunity to create a system of care for our community that specifically addresses the needs of children (ages zero to six) and their families.  Not only that, we will be given up to 350,000.00 to do it.  Incredible!

I'm excited to be a part of it....amazed that the grant I wrote was actually chosen....and thrilled at the prospects of being a leader in our community in addressing the needs of preschoolers and their families.

There are lots of details to flesh out...

What an opportunity....can't wait to see how it all develops....


Grateful to be a part of it....

God has sure been fun to watch......



No comments: