Thursday, July 02, 2009

Life rolls on...

It has been a while since I wished I could tell Brian something. Today was one of those days. There are some things that have come to light that have helped give me perspective and made me wish he knew some things I now know. In some ways I'd like to apologize to him. He was dealing with someone in business that created some major problems and stress. At the time of his death I was pretty frustrated with how he was handling things with this person. I now realize what he was dealing with. It really doesn't matter to him I know...but it has given me some closure to why this particular situation was so difficult....just wish we could talk about it....

I recognize that life is rolling forward....relationships are changing and that is ok....I am changing and that is good....the only hard part about it is knowing how to create/develop new relationships to replace the ones that time has changed....it's the old "not sure where I fit" struggle...I suppose this is just another transition point....and I certainly don't want to do anything but move forward...and so I am...sometimes it's a little awkward and lonely, but we are moving forward.

I got my rent house occupied. I am thankful for that. I was able to raise the rent a little so that is a plus. I hear at the end of the month whether my commercial tenant will renew their lease. I'm not very optimistic. It's no secret that their business has suffered from the downturn. It could be a long process of finding a tenant or a buyer. I am trying to trust that things will work out...but I still worry about the financial burden it could become if it sits empty.

The kids and I go to family camp next week. I'm excited about getting away with them and praying God will teach us new things about Himself. I'm also interested to see how a camp designed specifically for families works. I've always believed that parents and their kids being together at camp is one of the most powerful experiences a family can have. Too many times kids go off to have an "experience" and come home to the same environment with parents who do little to support the things they learned at camp. So, I'm looking forward to what we will "experience" as a "family". I wouldn't trade being with my kids at camp for anything....having gone to camp with hundreds of kids, there is nothing like being able to go with your own kids...I'm thankful for the opportunity and look forward to see what God does in our family.

No comments: