Monday, June 29, 2009

Is it really ALL good?

A person that I love and respect had this listed as her status on Facebook:

"It's ALL good. If we believe God's plan for us is good, if we believe He partners with everything for our benefit---then it's all good. Even when things look bad, it's all GOOD!"

I tried not to react to it....I tried to talk myself out of responding to it...but, I did.

My comment was "I look at it a little differently...GOD is good...life here is not always good , but the amazing thing about God is that He is able to bring good from EVERYTHING...now, that's a good God!"

I'm pretty sure there is nothing good about a 2, 4, and 6 year old losing their daddy in a head-on car accident that ends in blunt force trauma that takes his life. I've considered whether I should get to a point where I call that "good". I honestly don't think God expects that of me.

Yet, I believe with all my heart that God can bring good out of any circumstance we find outselves in. I've seen it, experienced it and consider those times to be evidence of God's work in my life.

Do we really expect people to be able to call everything "good". The Bible is pretty clear on the "evil" of this world. I could never look one of my clients in the eye and say "It's all good, your dad may have raped you but it's all good...." We lose credibility when we try to call everything in this world good....GOD is the good in this world....everything else is less than what it was created to be...

I worship a God who is good.....but life isn't always good. I rest my case.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I totally agree with you.

A friend of mine said Romans 8:28 could be explained: "it's all good...eventually." Eventually just may not happen till we are on the other side of heaven.

Life is hard. Hard, hard, hard. But GOD is good.

Praying for you.