Saturday, June 06, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday!!!





Happy Birthday Braden!
Today you turned 6 years old. The pictures above capture your personality and love for life. In your graduation picture you are holding your hat because you didn't like the tassle hanging in your eye. You told your teacher it was "annoying" and so you walked in holding the tassle in its proper place on top of the mortar board....this was one of the few pictures I got of you because you hid behind your friend so I couldn't take any pictures.
The other two pictures were from this weekend. You were playing with worms and pretending to eat them for the camera. I took you tent camping in honor of your birthday. It was our first camping trip as a family. You had a great time! Your dad always talked about wanting to be a "camping family". He loved the outdoors and wanted you all to experience the fun of camping.
You are an amazing young man, full of energy, determination and love. You have been asking lots of questions about your dad lately. I have been trying to answer them in a way that satisfies you. I wish I knew exactly how to help you understand what a great man your dad was and how much he loved you. You will hear stories the rest of your life about things he did and how he loved you. I will never grow tired of telling you about him.
I love you and pray your life as a six year old is the best ever!
To the moon and back....5 million times....
Mom

No comments: