Monday, June 15, 2009

No other explanation....

We left today for Fort Walton Beach, Florida.  As is our tradition (thanks to Brian), we prayed together in the driveway before we left for safety.  Actually, we also prayed in the house.  We had a big pow wow about our trip and what my expectations were for the kids.  At the end, we prayed and thanked God for the opportunity to go and asked for His protection.  

So, twice today we asked God to protect us.

He did.

I had taken my eyes off the truck in front of me to look at a police car with his lights flashing on the shoulder.  The next thing I knew I was about to run into a truck that had decided to come to an almost complete stop in the middle of the highway.  I slammed on my brakes and ended up in the median.  

I was shaken up.  Lexi almost hyper-ventilated.  She was so stunned by it.

We got back on the road and I told the kids that there was no explanation as to why we didn't have a wreck other than God protected us.  At our next stop, we prayed and thanked God for protecting us.

I truly believe we were protected today.  There is no other explanation.  It happened so fast and could have been such a very bad accident.

I'm thankful for His protection.  I think my kids saw God at work in our lives today.

To be honest, the fact that He protected us but didn't protect Brian....it still puzzles me.

For God's intervention today....I am very, very, very, profoundly grateful!


By the way, after catching back up to the truck I noticed his trailer's brake lights weren't working.  His trailer hid his truck's brake lights...which explains why it caught me so off guard.    I wanted to pull him over and tell him to get his brake lights fixed...but I didn't.  I just got as far away from him as I could.

No comments: