Monday, July 06, 2009

What I miss...

As much as I would love to have Brian here, I know that will never happen....and so, it isn't him I miss (because what's that point of missing something I will never have?), it's the relationship I miss.

I miss being understood.....valued...cherished....loved.

I miss having someone to listen to my insecurities...

I miss unconditional love, respect and trust.

Even in the best of relationships, there are disappointments, misunderstandings, and hurt....but at least there is still love and the hope of the future of a life with someone who chose you....

I'm no longer chosen by anyone....and tonight, I feel lonely and insecure and sad about that.

Just keeping it real....

1 comment:

The Widower Dad said...

I was just saying almost the same thing in a conversation to a good friend this week. I try hard to keep my thoughts and emotions in check but I find myself jealous sometimes of the couples I see all around me. Jealous of the relationship they share.

Very real indeed.