Sunday, July 26, 2009

Unconditional Trust

My trust in God is far too conditional.  As long as things are going well, it is easy for me to trust God.  Or, if the stakes aren't too high I tend to be very trusting in God and His provision.

This past week I have been on the "worry-coaster".  I've allowed difficult issues in my life to eat away at my trust in God.  I'm worried about my commercial building and whether my tenant will renew this week.  I've crunched numbers several times to see how much of an impact it will have on me financially.  I've imagined what that will be like and tried to brainstorm ways to make up for the lost income.  I've been distracted emotionally by it and have noticed my mood has been horrible.  Where is my trust in the God who has been with me and my children for the past four years?

God has been faithful to me.  I have no reason not to trust Him now.

Yet, if I am honest, I really struggle with trusting God unconditionally.

I take on responsibility that isn't mine to claim.

What an insult that must be to God...for little old me to act as if God may not be able to get me through this potential bump in the road.  

God, I want to trust you unconditionally.  Forgive me for focusing on "things" and not on your provision.  You have been so good to me.  I'm truly blessed by your presence in my life...May that always be enough!

No comments: