Thursday, October 16, 2008

An Unlikely Day

Today I had two different opportunities to allow God to use me and my story to offer His grace to others. When I woke up this morning I had no idea that I would be given such distinct opportunities to minister to two totally different women.

I caught a glimpse of who I am becoming today. I am thankful that God allowed me to see His hand in my life and in the lives of others.

I was completely blown away by one lady who called our church needing a minister to talk to....she was in crisis and I just happened to be around when no one else was. I spent about 45 minutes with her and was able to share my faith with her. I didn't cram it down her throat. I had no agenda but to listen and provide comfort. She asked me very pointed questions that I was able to answer in a way that I believe honored God and His work in this world and in my life. She is so hungry for answers. She is so wounded and fragile right now. I am praying for her. She told me she had tried "counseling" and it had never worked for her. She left today asking if we could meet again. I look forward to next week and hope I will be faithful to share God's grace with her.

It was an unlikely day for divine appointments...but I had two. The other one happened in a class I was teaching this morning for our church's job corp. No time to write about it but I know we connected and it was cool to see God work in that group.


For that I am grateful.

1 comment:

Laura said...

When that lady came to the office this morning, Melinda filled me in on the situation that she had called needing a minister to talk to her. I guess it was a good thing that I was late. I'm certain that you could handle whatever she needed better then I. In all seriousness though, I think days that today will serve as a reminder to you of how God is using your life to minister to others. Continue to be available to Him and we shall see what happens. Things could get interesting.