Thursday, July 24, 2008

How do you spell relief? M-e-e-M-a-w

Mom (a.k.a. MeeMaw) arrived today!  Woohoo!  It's so nice to have a second hand around.  We made dinner together, ate dinner together and cleaned it up together.  She distracted Braden when I needed him to be distracted...and made cookies with the older kids this evening.  What more could I ask for?

We love MeeMaw.....yes, we do.

I haven't had Dr. Pepper in about 10 days.  I am drinking more water and my appetite has increased.  Dr. Pepper served as an appetite suppressant for me...strange, I know....but without it, I am hungry all the time.  I am eating fruits and veggies and I am so proud!  I really haven't been taking very good care of myself for a while.....it's been survival mode for so long....and I am glad that I have turned the corner on making some changes.  I'm the only person I know who actually gains weight when they go off Dr. Pepper and even consistent exercise tends to add a few pounds....but healthy pounds are better than an unhealthy lifestyle.

I have been pretty emotional lately....I have gone to bed crying several nights in the past week.  I'm not sure exactly what is going on, but I seem to be having a tough time right now.  VBS is almost here and it seems to be stirring up lots of issues for me.  I really thought this year would be different since we are doing it in August.  I know it will be better/easier but the anticipation of it all is harder than I thought....it's like everything comes flashing back and I can't control all of it....I am not falling apart and I don't anticipate a huge meltdown...I'm just struggling right now...and hoping it will ease up....

Yeah!  MeeMaw is here!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Mee Maw is here! Yipee! I'm sure she will help you filter through things and provide some much needed help along the way. I'm proud of you for your quest to be healthy. No DP for 10 days! That's a big deal for you. Good job!

I'm sorry this week has been rough. I only wish that you wouldn't have waited until now to express your thoughts and feelings. Yet I understand your need to keep your feelings to yourself. However, please know that I am always available to you to help you sort things out. Will you let me help you? I have been told before that the anticipation of what could happen is always worse then the actual event. So, with that thought, maybe VBS won't be as bad as this week has been. Hang in there. Remember, I am praying for you.

Scot said...

Shelly,

I found your blog at Crockpot of Faith, which I found at Mere Devotion. Over the last week I haved read every post here, and they have touched my heart.

To keep this comment short; Often times our greatest witness to others is maitaining faith in Christ Jesus after a life changing tragedy. With all the unanswered questions, it would have been easy for you to turn your back on God, but you didn't - you turned to God. As you have said throughout your journey, God's grace has sustained you, and I say your words are evidence of His grace. You have been faithful to God, and for that He is very pleased.

This blog is undoubtedly touching and ministering to more lives that you will ever be aware, which is growing large mature fruit for Christ.... and for that I am ever thankful...more importantly God is grateful and thankful.

May God's peace always be with your family.

You will remain in my prayers,
Scot