Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Letters from Brian...

Braden brought me a handful of letters this afternoon that he found in the filing cabinet in the closet in his room.  The letters were from Brian...I read through them and felt a sense of peace and comfort.  They didn't make me cry....they made me smile.  Some of them were pretty sappy.....but they were his words and its nice to have some of "his words" to remember the love he had for me.

I picked out a few of them to share.....

One of them was on a large sheet of paper and I remember that he put this note on my windshielf for me to find:

"I Love You!!!!  (in big letters)

You are the most wonderful woman that I have ever known; things will be great as long as our love grows.

Brian"

Another one....on a card that he sent me....while we were still dating....

"You are the most wonderful thing that has happened to me!  There is nothing in the world that could ever take your place or anything that I could love more.  Even through the rough times when I feel discouraged or ready to throw in the towel; Deep down I know that there is no one else that would ever mean as much to me than you do.  No matter what obstacles come before us we will prevail, as long as we conquer them together.  

You're the greatest!  I love you!

Brian"

And one more...this one speaks to me....

"Some people are basically strong and can handle misfortune or a loss of direction in their lives more easily than others; you are one of them.  Though your strength may be tested these days.  But, if you remember each day and draw upon the well of hope within your heart, I know you will see this through.  And, when it's hard to hold on, remember, too, that many thoughts and prayers go with you from me and that I love you very, very, very much.....Brian"

Words are powerful....especially when they are from loved ones.  There is just something about having someone's written words to read and remember...

I was reminded today how important it is leave a written legacy of love for those we love.....I guess that is part of why I write this blog....I am trying to leave a written legacy of love for my kids....so that, someday when I'm gone (a very long time from now) they will know how much I loved them, how much their dad loved them and me, and how we did our best to work through our family tragedy.



No comments: