Monday, November 26, 2007

My prayer

I have a new prayer. It's pretty simple....

God,

Help me to want what you know I need....and help me
to be thankful that you always provide what I "need".

The end.


I find myself wanting a lot of things lately. I need God to shape my "wants" so that my "wants" are actually what He already knows that I need...and is ready to provide.

For example, I "want" to be married (to Brian preferably...if that were possible)....I miss being married....I hate being a "single mom"....but the reality is that my "wants" may not be what I or my kids "need"....only God knows that.....so, I think if I try to focus myself on only "wanting" what I trust that God knows that I "need" then maybe I will be content.

It makes sense to me....maybe to no one else....but it works for me.

2 comments:

Gigi said...

works for me

carla said...

Your prayer reflects Psalm 37:4--"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Your prayer makes complete sense.