Thursday, November 08, 2007

The "dew" in my life....

It seems as though God has been speaking right to me every time I go to church or listen to a sermon online or talk with someone about spiritual things. This past Sunday, my pastor talked about Gideon. I was struck by how patient God was with Gideon and how involved God was in the whole process of Gideons victory over the Midianites. I have questioned whether or not God is involved in the little details of our lives since Brian's death. I have considered an option that would put God more at a distance with us....and Gideon's story has given me pause for thought.

I ended up at this point because it would seem to me that if God is interested in the little details of our lives then surely He wouldn't choose to be uninvolved in the accident that took Brian's life. In other words, if He really isn't all that involved and doesn't really care whether we get a close parking place or not or whatever other silly things we sometimes pray when we are in a hurry or behind a deadline....then that makes it more ok that it appears that He wasn't involved enough in Brian's life to prevent the accident.


But....the story of Gideon seems to indicate to me that God is at least willing to be involved in the the "dew" of our lives (See Judges 6)...Gideon basically asked God to give him signs to help Him know how to be obedient....or to be able to trust His commands....over and over again....God did things just for Gideon...just so he'd know that he was on the right track....and Gideon experienced victory....in a most unorthodox way....

What did that say to me? God is patient with us when we are uncertain what He wants us to do. God is willing and able to intervene in our lives and provide confirmations of His will....God apparently understands that it is hard for me be certain of His direction for my life....God has given me some "dew" lately.....Instead of questioning it, I should embrace it....and just "do" it.....

1 comment:

Gigi said...

He used you here to 'confirm' something or somethingS to me....now to put out another sheepskin....Gideon was a fighter too I think....a wrestler....maybe?