Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lexi and her Horrible, No good, Very bad Day!

About thirty minutes before school let out the nurse from school called me.  It's never a good thing when the nurse calls your cell phone...at least that has been my experience.  She called to tell me that Lexi was helping a classmate do a presentation in front of the class when she had an accident.  When she said "accident", I thought she meant she fell or something fell on her...some type of injury.  She went on to say that her clothes got wet and her shoes and that she had given her some clothes to put on.  I was still confused.  I thought to myself "wow, what kind of presentation was this?  Were they doing some type of experiment with water?"

When she paused, I asked her:  "when you said accident do you mean something fell on her?"  She paused...and I realized what had happened and quickly said "you mean an ACCIDENT?"  She confirmed that Lexi had wet herself in front of the whole class.  I was flabbergasted.  

Then, I was sad for her....and I asked the nurse "is she ok or was she upset?"  The nurse reported that she was devastated by it.  A mom was in the classroom and quickly tried to rescue her from the situation but Lexi fell apart.  So, I jumped in my car and rushed up there to take her some shoes and try to get her home without her brothers knowing what had happened (yeah for my neighbor who picked up the boys for me).  

When she saw me she started bawling.  She was just heartbroken.

We got her shoes on and she collected herself and we left.  Then we went to Sonic and got a slushee and some cheese sticks...that always makes things better.

Yes, it was a horrible, no good, very bad day....for my sweet Lexi.

I hope the kids in her class have amnesia about this tomorrow.  I know that if they don't...I'm coming after em....

Growing up is so hard....and watching your kids hurt is even harder...

She'll be ok....and I suppose she will have a great "Most embarrassing story" to tell some day.

By the way...the story is that she was helping a boy hold up his poster for his presentation.  She said she was trying to hold it until he was done and was afraid the teacher wouldn't let her go until he was done.  Of course the teacher would have let her go....but in her mind she was stuck....

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day...


No comments: