Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009 was a memorable and magical one.  We were blessed with 8 inches of snow in Oklahoma to give us a beautiful White Christmas.  There is just something wonderful about a White Christmas. 

We had a chance to go to Great Wolf Lodge the night before we drove into Oklahoma.  I got word of the snow storm (make that a blizzard) that was coming and drove back home from Grapevine to get winter wear for the kids before we left.  It ended up being a good call because they really used all their snow gear that I went back for.  Score one for mom!

Great Wolf Lodge was a very sweet time with Brian's family.  I feel fortunate to have a good relationship with them and my kids truly enjoy spending time with their cousins.  We had a total group of 17 running amuck in the hotel.  It was memorable, fun and LOUD!

Christmas Eve was spent with my family.  We rushed through the dinner to open presents so that family could leave before the roads got too bad.  Both my brother and sister had a hard time getting home and could not get in their driveway.  I was thankful I didn't have to go anywhere that night.

Christmas Day we spent with Brian's family.  Brian's dad called and offered to come get me and the kids so that we didn't have to drive on the bad roads.  I was glad he did because the roads were pretty dicey.  We spent the whole day with them and enjoyed most every minute of it (minus the few squabbles the kids got into over who was to sit where).  

I drove back yesterday so that I could be home for church today.  It was a nice, quiet evening and I have enjoyed some "me" time today.  I went to downtown Fort Worth and did some shopping.  I was given a gift certificate (last Fall) that had to be used in Sundance Square so I enjoyed hanging out at the Starbucks/Barnes and Noble bookstore for a while this afternoon.  Interestingly and surprisingly,  I ended up in a conversation with someone there that was enjoyable.  I'll leave it at that.  You just never know what a day holds.

I'm home by myself for a couple of days.  I'm going to enjoy it and drink up the silence.  The kids are spending time with my parents in Oklahoma.  They are loving the snow there!

I'm thankful for this Christmas season...it was sweet and memorable...for that I am grateful.

No comments: