Monday, January 04, 2010

Welcome 2010!

It's been a while since my last post.  I have been consumed with family and fun over the past few days.  I haven't really even had a chance to think about goals for 2010.  One thing that keeps rumbling through my brain is that I want to be less fearful in 2010.  

Fear tends to paralyze me, cripple me and discourage me.  I fear change, I fear risk, I fear failure.  This year, I'd like to fear less and risk more.  I'd like to be open, truly open to whatever 2010 brings.  My fear is rooted in a lack of trust.  I have a hard time trusting people and trusting God with the results of my efforts.  I spend far too much time calculating the risks instead of reaching for the reward.

2009 was more than I could have hoped for in terms of accomplishing some major goals.  I started off the year by passing my NCE exam with flying colors.  I took a major national exam 10 years post graduation that most people take within a year after graduation.  I spent months preparing for it and it only took me 42 minutes to complete the 200 question comprehensive exam.  My hard work paid off and I am extremely and profoundly grateful.  In May I received an award at school that included a cash scholarship.  In July I found out we won a cooperative agreement (grant) that has allowed many new ministry doors to open.  Finally, on December 21st, just six weeks after my building went up for sale, I closed on my commercial building in Granbury.  I can't think of a better ending to the year than getting rid of that incredible headache.

So, what does 2010 hold?  In just 6 days the kids and I leave on a Disney Cruise to celebrate my 40th birthday.  Last week I gave the kids a birthday party invitation that requested the pleasure of their company on the Disney Wonder January 10-14, 2010.  Thankfully, they accepted my invitation...:)  It will be Braden's first trip on an airplane and the kids first cruise.  Woohoo...can't wait!!!

I've got some new ideas ruminating in my mind related to reaching young families in our community.  I'm excited and ready to hit the ground running.  One of the areas that I want to focus on is transferring ownership of the preschool ministry to our parents.  We have a good buy in from our parents but I think it could be better and I think I have some ideas about how to do it....I'm also looking at doing some updating in the preschool area...that should be tons of fun!

So, I would say that I am extremely excited about 2010....looking forward to whatever challenges and opportunities that come my way..and trying, really trying to be less fearful and more risky....

For a fresh page to write on...I'm grateful.

No comments: