Monday, February 23, 2009

Bring it on Mom!

Braden is learning to read and each night he has pages that he is supposed to work on.  Today he moved up to the next book and I was bragging on him for how hard he was working on reading and how far he had come this year.  I picked up his new book and said "wow, Braden, this looks hard.  I can't believe you are reading this.  Do you think you can do this?"  

I was halfway trying to bait him because his attention span is sometimes less than necessary.  I've learned that if I tell him it's hard he becomes even more determined to do something....(wonder where he gets that from?)

His response was...in a loud, booming voice (as always, he doesn't know quiet or soft).....


"Bring it on Mom....BRING IT ON!!!"


Vintage Braden.....gotta love him....

And, then he read it....and, because I giggled at his response, after every page he would say...."bring it on mom, bring it on".


Even though he sometimes wears me out.....he brings a lot of laughter to my life....for that I am grateful.

No comments: