Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thanks for the reminder...

I was checking in on all the classes today at church when I popped my head in the kindergarten class and the first thing out of a little girl's mouth was "You're a widow!"  I could tell she was so proud of the new term and the fact that she used it correctly.  

Thanks for the reminder...I had forgotten.

I was caught off guard by her loud statement of my identity.  I recovered quickly and affirmed her observation.  The teacher let me know that they were studying about widows in the Bible and that they had talked about the fact that I was a widow.  She then turned to the class and said "she doesn't look any different than us does she?  In Bible times widows were neglected and they needed people in the church to help them....."  

Oh the joys of being a widow. 

When I think of the word "widow" I immediately think of an older lady...not a 39 year old woman with three young children.  

I wasn't supposed to be a widow at 35...it really sucks.

Thanks for the reminder Payton....

No comments: