Sunday, December 30, 2007

We're Here!!!




We made it to Colorado in one piece!

We spent today recovering from the trip and we found a great sledding hill nearby. As the camera operator I was bowled over by my youngest son while trying to take his picture.....I did a face plant in the snow but saved my nice camera. It happened so fast.. I am still not sure why I didn't see him coming at me so fast and furiously.

A few minutes later, Nathan challenged me to a section of the hill that had a ramp...big mistake....What goes UP must come DOWN....I landed square on my left cheek (not the cheek on my face)....OUCH!

An hour later, I am trying to clean out my car because of all the filth that was deposited there on our 13 hour roadtrip...I got out of the car and promptly did a Charlie Brown....I fell directly on the same cheek as I had just fallen on earlier....Double OUCH! It was a patch of ice and I landed on frozen solid snow....

I am going to be hurting in the morning...and we haven't even been skiing yet...

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ouch! Glad to see you made it in one piece at least. I'm just guessing that when you get back, you will have lots of fun stories to tell me. Remember you did say that you weren't going to have anyone to laugh at since I wasn't coming along. Looks like you took care of that for me!

Tell the kiddos I said Hi. Watch out for Little Man, ice, and the snow!

Bruce said...

Have a great time and come back in one piece. Happy New Year!

B~

Marsha said...

What a lovely picture---I LOVE Colorado---
Enjoy--
Marsha