Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Music to my ears...

Nathan (my third grader) usually falls asleep reading each night. Lately, he has been getting more and more into reading. Tonight, I told him he could read one more chapter and then call it a night. He is reading "Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo". For him, this is a pretty challenging book and it is definitely stretching his reading ability. About an hour after I told him to read one more chapter I went in to check on him and he was sitting up straight in his bed reading away. I told him he needed to go to bed and he asked me "can't I finish this chapter...it only has 4 more pages".....

Those words were music to my ears....he is ENJOYING reading....Woooohooooo.....He doesn't want to put the book down.....WOOOHOOOO...

Like everyone else, I believe reading is the single most important ability to try to develop in your children. I am just glad that he is stretching himself and even enjoying it.

His question to stay up later was music to my ears....and of course I told him he could....

1 comment:

Marsha said...

OHHH--I am SOOO very jealous. I have two sons, neither of whom read.....count yourself among the blessed!! LOL
Marsha