Saturday, June 21, 2008

My head is full....

The past couple of days my mind has been full of thoughts and dreams.  I kept thinking about that quote from the movie "The Rookie" where the dad tells him "it's ok to think about what you want to do someday until its time to start doing what you were meant to do".  I can't get that out of my head.

I believe there are some new things that I am meant to do that I am not currently doing.  I am having a hard time discerning whether the vision is of God or just a wild "shelly" idea.  I suppose time will sift through the ideas and what is meant to be will be.

I think God may be leading me to be a part of some type of young widow ministry.  I was thinking today how neat it would be to start some type of "grief camp" in the DFW area.  To my knowledge, there is no such thing available to young families with children who experience the loss of a parent (in our immediate area).  

The problem, of course, is time and resources.  I can barely do all I am doing now in terms of time.  And, resources, well that would be a God sized obstacle.

Who knows....maybe it is just a phase of thinking I am going through.....

I'll keep pondering.....

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think that sounds like a pretty interesting idea. It would definetly be benefical for families experiencing loss. It's definetly a God-sized dream, but you never know. Keep thinking on that one.