Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fun at the beach...




We're having fun at the beach....it's been great until today when I got internet access and checked my work email.....

I should know better than to check my work email. Why is it that things always happen when I am gone? The one Sunday that I leave early because I am sick I get a scathing email about something that happened about thirty minutes after I left. This is why I sometimes wonder why I continue to do what I do. It's not that we get many complaints because we really don't....it's that I feel like I can never be gone...there has to be someone there who can put out the fires...and I guess I haven't done a good job of training someone else to do that....and, though it would be nice...I can't control everything that happens...whether I am there or not.....we have great volunteers who do an amazing job....and they get very little appreciation.....and when something does go wrong people are ruthless about making their complaints known....whatever happened to just picking up the phone to talk about an issue they are concerned about? I think I am easy to talk to....I don't understand why people come out with their guns blazing about issues they will forget ever happened in about a month or so...



Arrrrghhhh......can't wait to get back to Texas to deal with this one....


But, we are having fun at the beach....

2 comments:

Laura said...

Crap...I didn't want you to get that email before you got back. Please don't let it ruin your vacation. I didn't even get through the first part of your post. When I found out about the email I hoped that you wouldn't get it until you got back. Let me read the rest and I'll get back with you.

Marsha said...

You look so calm in the picture--may that continue. Work is -- WORK. You, my friend are on V A C A T I O N!!
Enjoy,
Marsha