Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Good Couple of Days

Just a few notable things.....

I enlisted a tutor for Lexi this summer to give us some accountability and to push her a little bit.  I picked her up from the session yesterday and the teacher gave me her evaluation of where she was at.  These were her exact words:  "Lexi is a very strong reader".   I thought I was going to stand up and do my endzone dance.  I told the teacher that we had worked really hard this past year on her reading and she said "well, it shows because she is a very strong reader".   Woooohoooo......high fives all around.  Reading did not come easy for Lexi.  We had to work HARD at it.  (side note: this particular teacher has a reputation for being tough on kids so for her to compliment her was a shock)

Today I inquired about doing a directed study with my counselor (who is also a professor) related to crisis counseling.  The response was very positive and I am excited about the vision that I have for what I want to develop/study during the Spring semester.  I have all kinds of ideas and dreams...I am sure many of them will change or be adjusted but I see lots of potential and I am super excited about it.

Today I had an interesting phone call.  I was told today that someone felt led to have someone clean my house on an every other week basis for the next six months.  The person who is funding it wished to remain anonymous.   I am blown away.  I feel very overwhelmed by it.  I am still trying to process it and the only thing I can come up with is that God is reminding me that he will give me everything I need in order to do what it is that He has called me to do.  Earlier this year, I was given a summer's worth of free lawn care.  It has been a HUGE blessing not to have to mow every week.  I feel so blessed and unworthy of the generosity of people.  I don't deserve all that has been given to me.  I really don't.  This is the part of the journey that other people don't always see or understand.  Yes, I have been through a horrific tragedy.  But, I have also experienced God's provision and grace in so many tangible ways.  There is no telling how long the book would be if I sat down and wrote every nice thing that has been done for me or the kids over the past three years.  There aren't words to describe what that has done for me and my confidence in God's presence in my life.  He has used people to remind me of His care and comfort.  I could never deny God's love for me and the kids....He has made it so obvious to me that He has been close to us through this whole ordeal. 

Things have been just moving along so easily lately.....I don't expect that to become the norm, but I am very grateful for the calm waters.


1 comment:

Marsha said...

How wonderfully God supplies our every need. Of course you deserve the generosity of others. These are relationships that you have nurtured either personally or through your life. What a great post.
Marsha